Monday, September 26, 2016

Week 5- Sept. 19-23

Hoo boy what a week. Craziness. The kids lost their dang minds this week. We ended up not having recess because of the behavior. They were better today (Monday, I'm late writing this) so hopefully that will work.

Monday-We talked conductors vs. insulators. The kids were kind of surprised by what materials qualified as each, and why.


Tuesday- Physical Properties Lab! There is ALWAYS a data table like this on the stinking staar test, and they always do poorly on those questions. So this year I stepped up my game and we did the lab itself.







Wednesday- I had to go to that STUPID meeting, and on the Solubility day of all days. You can take Ms. Kat out of the classroom, but you can't prevent her from teaching via video. I legit recorded myself saying the things I would have normally said in class and plugged the videos into the slideshow. The sub simply had to flip through the notes, the kids filled in the blanks and BOOM there was Ms. Lynch on the screen. The did very well on their homework for that night, so WIN FOR ME.



Thursday- Ah, mixtures. Last year the kids had the WORST time with remembering how to separate mixtures, and the difference between mixtures and solutions. I hit it hard this year.



Friday-To add to the crazy, we had our district-wide homecoming pep rally today. We were on short schedule, and I couldn't NOT teach solutions today. We managed it by going at LIGHT SPEED.






I can't wait for this next week. It's going to be crazy. I'm doing the review game and test online this year (or at least trying to). Plus, we have a new requirement: a benchmark test every 6-weeks. 10-12 questions generated via our curriculum dept. Yippie for us.

Hope your Autumn is getting off on the right foot,

~Ms. Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment