Saturday, November 26, 2016

Week 13 November 14-18

One. More. Week. Til. Thanksgiving.

Monday: The kids took their vocab quiz on Monday. I had far fewer failures than normal, so I think the study devices worked!

Tuesday: We started rock types. I handed out a bunch of rocks and the kids had to complete a data table on 3 of them, identifying their physical properties and then comparing it to the real table to identify their rock. They LOVED it.





Wednesday: We began the rock cycle. The kids did really well with predicting what went on the arrows. Lots of participation today. The kids are into rocks!




Thursday: Ah, the rock cycle lab. I sprung for some good sharpeners this year. The kids sharpened crayons to get shavings. They then added pressure and got sedimentary rock. They blew hot air and stepped on the shavings (inside aluminum foil) to get metamorphic rock. They then gave the foil to me and I dunked it into boiling water, and once cooled, they had igneous rock. Again, they loved it!






Friday: We are all pretty much DONE at this point in the year, so I bumped back today's lesson and we went over our Benchmark test.

And now that I'm rested and relaxed and very full from Thanksgiving, I'm prepared to tackle the next 3.5 weeks before Christmas. Hang on to you hats. Things are surely going to be bumpy!

~Ms. Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment