Monday, March 7, 2016

Week 25- Feb 29-March 4

Wow, one more week until Spring Break. I can't believe I made it this far. My 28th birthday is right around the corner. For someone who didn't think she'd see 23, this is definitely a huge deal.

Small side note, because it's hilarious (though quite disturbing)
We had a female student bring a dildo to school today. Not only that, but she put it in her pants, sticking out of the zipper, and was bumping into people with it! Suffice to say, she's in alternative school. If anyone ever tells you Middle School is the easy years....

Monday- We did some notes on Complete metamorphosis (using the same Science Doodles set from last week) and another page of my own invention to practice the order of the stages.





Tuesday- We compared incomplete to complete (Science Doodles again) and spent a few moments to explore the life cycle of a plant

Wednesday- The kids took their Vocab quiz. I spent the end of class explaining tomorrow's assignment...


Thursday- I tasked the kids with coming up with a comic strip about metamorphosis. I gave them 4 organisms to choose from for both complete and incomplete, and put pictures of each life cycle on the board so they could draw the stages. Here's mine:
I had expected this to take 2 days, and for some it most likely would have, had I not made them finish in study skills to go out to recess = )

Friday- Since I had a day  budgeted for comic strips and we were all done. We watched Bill Nye's Locomotion, followed by part of a Magic Schoolbus on Bugs

Here's our Caterpillar progression for the week:








Hope you all have a peaceful last week before Spring Break!

~Ms. Kat


No comments:

Post a Comment