Saturday, March 26, 2016

Week 26- March 21-25

What a lazy, uneventful week.

Monday- The kids did a unit review using their science journals

Tuesday- We played Trashketball (I'm still surprised how some kids manage to lose their reviews in 24 hours, despite the emphasis I put on KEEPING IT SAFE)

Wednesday- They took their test on the Adaptations Unit

Thursday- We graded homework and then created a  bar graph using the inherited traits checklist from before spring break.

Thursday was an early release day (Thanks, Easter) so we had just enough time to take care of our grading and make these nifty graphs. I'm going to make a big poster board like I did last year for the 7th graders.

I can feel the STAAR test around the corner, like some monster in my closet. This year is going to be very different from last year. Not only do we have these stupid timekeeping tasks to complete (how am I supposed to actively monitor if I'm doing all that math on how long little johnny was in the restroom?) but the 5th graders also stop testing for lunch (since we eat at 10:30). We have a silent lunch, and we have to eat with our kiddos. INSANITY.

Anyhoo, I hope you all have a successful STAAR week.

~Ms. Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment