Sunday, January 3, 2016

Week 16- December 14-18

Ah, the last week before the holiday! Let's jump right in.

Monday- We played the Trashketball review game with our reviews. Here is the review game.

Tuesday- My students took their Unit Test

Wednesday- We did new vocabulary! I decided that we needed to get this out of the way, and give the kids a preview of the next unit.





Thursday- My intentions for today were excellent. I put together a slidehow with all of the questions on the 2014 STAAR that we'd covered (through the Earth Unit, I didn't include space and weather). I gave the kids popsicle sticks with A B C D answer choices (color-coded and laminated, even). I went through the slides, read the questions and answers to them. Gave them a moment, and then polled them.

I was surprised at how many got them wrong! Obviously, they've forgotten a lot over the year. I honestly just wanted an informal benchmark, and to fill up an otherwise useless day.  Be careful what you ask for!

Friday- It was an Early Release day, and the last day of the 6-weeks. I did what any borderline insane teacher would do...I put on the Land Before Time and graded papers. All hail old movies.

I hope you had an amazing Holiday break. Tomorrow is a Staff Development day for us (sorely needed).

Here's to an outstanding 2016!
~Ms. Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment