Saturday, October 3, 2015

Week 6- Sept. 28- Oct 2

This week was equal parts crazy and chaotic. We had a school pep-rally on Thursday, and a district homecoming pep rally on Friday. Back to back shortened schedules on the last 2 days of the first 6-weeks. Yikes.

Monday
We did a measuring up on Solutions. They really struggled with this one. I had to help a lot. We numbered our paragraphs, re-worded questions, and drew some things out.

Tuesday
We played Trashketball using our review sheets. Here is a copy of the review.

And here is a copy of the Smartboard Review Game

Wednesday
My kids took their first real Unit test for me over the Physical Properties of Matter.
And they did so well! I was so pleasantly surprised that only 1 or 2 failed, and most got either an A or B. Proud Teacher moment!

Thursday
We did our best to complete the Mixtures lab I had originally planned for last week.
Here is the Lab Sheet. There are 3 pages, and it is outlined using the Scientific Method. We separated Iron from Sand, Sand from Pebbles, and Water from Potting Soil.



This was the kids first REAL lab. They had a great time! I had to create a makeshift sieve by poking holes in an old aluminum pan. I used Iron washers (as they were the only small iron objects I could find). I had potting soil left over from the compost columns from last year. Everything worked out so well!

Friday

We had 30 minute classes today, so I put on an episode of Captain Planet and we chilled. The kids loved it, even more than my 7th graders did last year! I think I created some Planeteers!

Hope you had an excellent first 6-weeks!
~Ms. Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment